too much FFB vibration on Glickenhaus SCG 007

Kelpaz

Anyone else having issues with this car?
Tested it on Sebring and in the high speed sections in a straight line the wheel vibrates a lot, on other cars i dont have the same problem.

Tried different ffb settings
- 0 and 9 smoothing
- 200%, 180%, 150% ffb
- 4 wheel torque
But still have issues with this car, the other cars work very well though with 0 smoothing and 200% ffb, 4 wheel torque setting.

Im using a t300rs wheel, kind of a bummer that i have issues with exactly this car because i like driving it besides this, but right now i cant really use it.

200% FFB on a T300rs? You honestly might not be getting any real steering feedback with those settings my friend. There's a thing called clipping, where the forces being sent to the wheel by the software exceeds what the wheel can do, so it just goes straight to max torque and then you get absolutely no detail.

With 100% FFB i get no resistance and its not enjoyable to drive at all, for me 200% FFB is more like driving a car, because the wheel is not really that powerful in itself compared to other direct drive wheels today, but if there is any other settings i should use im open to suggestions.

Nevertheless im happy having it at 200% for now, the other cars work fine just not the glickenhaus.

With 100% FFB i get no resistance and its not enjoyable to drive at all, for me 200% FFB is more like driving a car, because the wheel is not really that powerful in itself compared to other direct drive wheels today, but if there is any other settings i should use im open to suggestions.
I know what you mean, because I did the same thing 10 years ago with a T500rs. The problem is that it doesn't matter how much you increase the strength of the FFB, your wheel can only do so much. The only real solution is to get a powerful DD wheel, but obviously that's not an easy or affordable solution for everyone.

The Glickenhaus could be glitched or it simply could be a difference in the front geometry that makes it different enough from the other cars that you're having this issue. So, maybe it'll get fixed or maybe there's nothing to actually fix. I honestly can't think of any temporary solution for you without just lowering the strength.

Your base must be clipping the entire time at 200%...
I'm on a TS-XW and setting ffb at 70% for hypercars / 60-65% for LMP2s and GTEs.

As the other user said, if you clip you're just not getting much meaningful detail as to what the car is doing anymore.

what do you have the ffb set to in the thrustmaster app?

The glickenhaus has very light steering. That is a know fact, I would not say issue. It also understeers like there is no tomorrow. The devs are looking in to it to see if it is a feature or a bug. Do not forget that IRL the cars also differ hugely.

Tried the Glickenhaus today in Monza and i had insane rattling/fibrations on the straights. Compared to the Peugeot - which has nearly none - haw i expect it.

Back