The default setup loaded on session start is completely different than "Load Default Setup"

Havner

The "default" setup loaded on session start (called tempGarage for some reason) is a completely different setup than the one you achieve/load by clicking "Load Default Setup" button. This is confusing and makes it hard to understand which of those two is actually the intended default setup.

I've described this in more details here:

Just throwing something out there….I notice in the other thread, where I posted a couple of screenshots, one says engine mixture is race and the other says qualifying, could these be the “default” setups for Qually and Race?
Seeing how virtual energy on hypercars in Factory Defaults is completely broken and Aston can't drive on Factory Defaults I doubt it.
This Race/Qualify map is probably inconsistency from rF2 and lack of attention to details. GT3/GTE cars in rF2 had this inconsistent as well sometimes.

I have noticed the same thing as OP, it must be a bug surely. It loads a default temp garage setup when I go to a new track and the setup is different to the last one I had loaded in previous race, as you would expect.
I then tweak the setup, save it with a different name, don't like my changes so then go back to load the default which I assume is the same as the original temp garage setup, but no, it loads something completely different.

Look in Le Mans Ultimate\UserData\player\FavoriteAndFixedSetups.gal.
The assignments are there. Edit it if necessary.

( That's how you fix the setup on a dedicated server too by the way, in rF2 ;) )

Removing the svm assigned clears it too at next restart i suppose.
No "Unassign" button in UI ...
You guys spent a lot of time into this matter thanks👍.
Hope the devs are reading this long thread and will add a way to load back the tempGarage setup in the UI, which is the real starting base to make a new setup.
Drivers should not have to mess with the files to do such simple thing.

Yesterday I wanted to check difference between tempGarage and factory default setup.
So I have loaded a single player session, saved the tempGarage as tempGarage1 without any mod, loaded factory default and selected tempGarage1 as comparison setup.

Then I have re-loaded tempGarage1.
So game shown I had both loaded and comparison setups as tempGarage1.
Instead I found a lot of different settings in the setup pages between the loaded and the comparison setup, which makes no sense because both setups were exactly the same.
If it happens again, I would make some screenshots, but it looks like something in the setup loading did not work…

We don't see any need for votes on bug reports. People can post in the thread if they have the same issues. They will be picked up from there. The voting process on a forum such as this is largely (if not entirely) cosmetic. The voting process was always intended to be for feature requests, for the things people wanted to see added to the sim.

We don't see any need for votes on bug reports. People can post in the thread if they have the same issues. They will be picked up from there. The voting process on a forum such as this is largely (if not entirely) cosmetic. The voting process was always intended to be for feature requests, for the things people wanted to see added to the sim.
Yet this is the only bug report that has the voting turned off. And only since few days. All others have the votes and despite what you say here can be voted. So again, what is going on?

What is there to vote about a bug? At most it needs a confirmation from another encountering the same, or being able to reproduce.
Bug severity is an internal decision anyway, no matter how 'popular' or widespread it is, it's more important how much it affects functionality.
@Aysedasi maybe the Bug Reports section could be set default to sort by Newest instead of Popularity.

Yet this is the only bug report that has the voting turned off. And only since few days. All others have the votes and despite what you say here can be voted. So again, what is going on?
The decision not to have voting on bug reports was taken by the local moderators about an hour or so ago and the other bug report threads haven't been edited in the same way yet. Thanks for the suggestion Emilian, I'll look into that.

Edit - I don't seem to have the ability to set 'Newest' to the whole subforum although people can choose to do that if they wish.

What is there to vote about a bug? At most it needs a confirmation from another encountering the same, or being able to reproduce.
Bug severity is an internal decision anyway, no matter how 'popular' or widespread it is, it's more important how much it affects functionality.
@Aysedasi maybe the Bug Reports section could be set default to sort by Newest instead of Popularity.
Why???
If a bug is popular, why it should be on the bottom of the list just because is old?
I do not like the removal of the votes.
They are an indication of how common is a bug.
When I joined this forum I understood the purpose was to help devs to improve the game in a beta phase. I would like to remember we spent money to buy a game even if is in early access.
So they should think to solve issues and make their customers happy and not to reduce visibility of bugs or hide how frequent they are.

The votes are not an indication of how common it is, as long as you can have negative votes. Bugs are not popularity contests...
What does a negative vote on a bug mean? If you have 600+ votes and 600- votes the bug shows 0 and ends up at the bottom of the pile anyway...

perfect ! In bug section votes must change name in Occurency and have positive numbers only.

Just a question: do you want to see this game improved? Looks like for you and other the game is always perfect…

Yes I want it improved, no I never agreed with votes on bugs on this or any other bug reporting platforms (and I've been on the receiving end too).

Yes I want it improved, no I never agreed with votes on bugs on this or any other bug reporting platforms (and I've been on the receiving end too).
I can't believe you want to remove the entire bug section! How can you think this game is perfect, what's wrong with you?

/s

;)

PS I would imagine - hope - the devs end up with all confirmed bugs on their list. But how they attack them, that's more than about 'popularity' or frequency of a bug report. All those memes about game development, they're based on reality..

Back