Statement till now...

RST911

Online, most people drive like Sodom and Gomorrah. Most of the time you get a minus (DR +SR) and can drive as carefully as you want.
I've never been as annoyed while racing as I have been in the last few days. I have the feeling that these are people who just drive it brutally into your car,
win places and be rewarded for pushing others out of traffic, or much faster with a completely broken car As I drive around I think to myself that it can't run right. Then someone comes through like lightning throughout the pit lane and doesn't even get any penalty. Disrespect is becoming more and more common.
Everything is kept as clean as possible and if something happens there is no “sorry” or gentlemanly agreement.

Also I've had the British flag instead of my Austrian flag for some time now and I can't change that. However, this to change works in every other game I know.

Does anyone even watch the post-race reports? I also think it's funny when you drive over "Cone" or "Wing" gets a deduction. What can you actually do when something like this suddenly appears in front of you? Who came up with that? It's bad luck if you take damage but in real life u don't get any punishment for it.

I'm not even talking about the server errors where I'm suddenly alone on the track or suddenly stuck in the pit lane and have to leave the server.
It's nice when guys try to get past you for laps and then only manage to do it with a divebomb where it ends and Mr. Divebomb carries on happily....

Greets Robert, hoping for a great next update ;-)

Simracing is essentially based on a banal trick. Trying to make the drivers believe that they are really driving a racing car, in a real race.
In real racing, non-professional drivers pay for their activity personally. Car, fuel, tyres, track, spare parts and of course damage. Professional drivers get paid, the team pays for damages, but destroy too many expensive cars and you'll get fired or suffer the loss of your license. In real competitions no one hits their opponents with intent. Sure, there is contact and damage, but it's never really intentional. And in any case the aim is to get ahead of the opponent, something can go wrong.
So you're driving cars that cost several hundred thousand dollars, on tracks with equally expensive infrastructure, with the serious possibility of getting very hurt, or paying a lot of damages. You should pretend this is real, at least when you're running online with other people. Every time I witness an accident, even if it benefits me, a small brick of my illusion falls to the ground. Every time I come alongside an opponent and he childishly gives me a spin to send me off track, another brick of the illusion comes loose. And in the end it becomes easier to let go, follow common behavior, and hit everything and everyone, rather than follow rules of fair play that no one else seems to respect.
But if you want this pastime of yours to become lasting fun, it is necessary to maintain professional conduct. You cannot change the behavior of those who seek immediate fun, an outlet for others, but in any case I believe that your correct behavior can be contagious for those people who try to believe in the illusion of simracing, and who are simply letting themselves transport from battle without rules.
So I thank you for being a correct driver, or at least trying.
And keep in mind, we're just bumbling pilots pretending, so disaster is sometimes inevitable.

The only fair and clean sim racing I`ve seen or been part of is within structures like LFM or other racing leagues. Unfortunately I dont see this improving until the ability to run private servers is implemented so the sim can be taken to those platforms. Only then will the wreckers and spoilers be weeded out.

Back