Few Advises for "Thrustmaster ForceFeedback Wheels"

EdParl

General Tips for Thrustmaster ForceFeedback Wheels:

1) Make sure that your wheel driver is up to date with the latest version = "Package 1.TTRS.2024":

All.png

2) In the Wheel Control Panel, set the Forces at "100%":
TS-PC_1.png

3) In the Wheel Control Panel, set the Rotation Angle at "900°"
and in the game you just have to enable "USE STEERING WHEEL RANGE FROM VEHICLE" and "USE STEERING WHEEL MAXIMUM ROTATION FROM DRIVER" in SETTINGS / CONTROLS / WHEEL & PEDALS / CALIBRATE.
= After this the rotation angle of the wheel will be automatically adjusted (depending of the car you are using)
Rotation Angle.png

4) If you are using the old "F1 Wheel" (except with a T818 base): select "NORMAL Mode" (and not "ADVANCED Mode"):
In NORMAL Mode the wheel base will be "Plug & Play" (for all buttons, axes & for the Force Feedback)

F1_Normal.png

NB: You can select "ADVANCED Mode" with the old "F1 Wheel" but in this case (because VID-PID of the base is not the same) you will need to programm manually all axes, all buttons and all the Force Feedback settings of the wheel.

5) In the game just adjust "FORCE FEEDBACK STRENGTH" Slider if needed (in "SETTINGS / WHEEL / FORCE FEEDBACK"):

TS-PC.png

NB: About "STEERING TORQUE CAPABILITY" slider, the setting to apply is depending of the base you are using:
= "10" for the T818 (corresponding at 10Nm)
= "6" for the TS-PC / T-GT & T-GT II / TS-XW (corresponding at 6Nm)
= "4" for the T300 / TX (corresponding at 4Nm)
= "3,5" for the T248 (corresponding at 3,5Nm)
= "2,5" for the T128 (corresponding at 2,5Nm)
= "2" for the T150 / TMX (corresponding at 2Nm)

Last Tip - If you have no FFB in races:
1) Try with only the USB of the Thrustmaster wheel base connected to the PC (without no other USB devices connected like a USB Gamepad Controller, a USB Shifter, a USB Handbrake, a USB Pedal Set, etc...)

2) Click on "RESET TO DEFAULTS" here:

Reset.png

T818: EXAMPLE OF FORCE FEEDBACK SETTINGS
* In the T818 Control Panel:

T818_CPL.png

* In the game:
Keep default parameters and just adjust "FORCE FEEDBACK STRENGTH" Slider depending the class car you are using (generally around 40%).

T818.png

T818Settings_LeMansUltimate.jpg

Last edited:
I have a T818. I was having trouble with no feeling in the middle. I saw Michi video about steering torque (although it says not to use for dd wheels) that fixed my center problem

I have a T818. I was having trouble with no feeling in the middle. I saw Michi video about steering torque (although it says not to use for dd wheels) that fixed my center problem

Devin mentioned on Discord that the tooltip was wrong and is due a fix. 100% seems to be correct.

4) If you are using the old "F1 Wheel" (except with a T818 base): select "NORMAL Mode" (and not "ADVANCED Mode"):
Is this likely to be addressed in the future? As switching from "advanced mode" to "normal mode" removes 12 programmable function possibilities

On my side with the T818:

* Inside the game I keep the default FFB Settings

* Inside the T818 CONTROL PANEL I apply these FFB Settings:
FFB5.png

Is this likely to be addressed in the future? As switching from "advanced mode" to "normal mode" removes 12 programmable function possibilities
what's the issue with advanced mode? I'm running the old F1 wheel (with the fake dials) on t300 base just fine.

what's the issue with advanced mode? I'm running the old F1 wheel (with the fake dials) on t300 base just fine.
I'm wondering the same, I'm running the old F1 wheel with the TS-XW base, and the only issues I've had were a random freakout by the game at Sebring in the garage, that tried to force full right rotation at full strength (only happened once and they were sent the logs), and a little bit of float / dead zone feeling at center.

Hi Guys, i'm using the settings in this page... i have T300 with SF1000 wheel... For GTE and LMP2 i'm able to drive even if the FFB is quite 'empty" in low speed corner... but for LMDH is terrible... i cannot feel basically anything except high speed corners... I hope they can improve something in next release.
Especially, with all the cars, i cannot feel understeering very well... i don't know if the tyre are keeping the line or not...

Teos, have you sampled all LMH’s? I found Glickenhaus indeed very light and floaty, but Peugeot for instance is quite planted and tactile. You can dial out the understeer by trail braking, lowering rear wing downforce, playing with the torsion bars and springs etc.

Teos, have you sampled all LMH’s? I found Glickenhaus indeed very light and floaty, but Peugeot for instance is quite planted and tactile. You can dial out the understeer by trail braking, lowering rear wing downforce, playing with the torsion bars and springs etc.
The problem is that i don't feel the understeering... better with LMP2 and GTE but not same level as for ACC... anyway iyesterday started to try some modification also on JSON file related to controllers and wheels. it seems a bit better (i'm using TM advanced mode cause of SF1000 wheel). Today i go ahead with with small changing trying to improve this point

Good morning,Quick question, do the screen and LEDs of the Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition work in the game?If yes, how to make them work?Thank you in advance for your help

Hello I have a problem since the release of the game, I have a TX with the old F1 wheel but I have no force feedback or vibration in my steering wheel, any solutions?

Hello I have a problem since the release of the game, I have a TX with the old F1 wheel but I have no force feedback or vibration in my steering wheel, any solutions?
i have similar problem ... i have FFB when i'm on the asphalt but if i touch curb my ffb is muted, first time with this kind of bug ^^

Back