Driving Standards

Please don't send messages during a race, "sorry" or otherwise. It can be very distracting. And i think worst are the guys who find it necessary to call other drivers "idiot" or "clown" or make some other disparaging remark because of some in-race incident. It really degrades the overall experience for others.

What I have found In one Instance was a dude that left his car cross sided In the middle of a curve In a practice session. He must have gone for cigs or something because five laps later the car was still there, I didn´t even bother paying attention to the yellow flag In that sector!

It´s sort of like In real life, some just park anywhere! :LOL:

I must admit I’ve parked up to go to the front door for a delivery - mid race! Came back after a minute and still finished 7th! I did make sure I parked well out of the way though.

At least you parked safely.

In my case, the guy hit the right wall of the Di Lesmo straight at Monza. His car ended cross sided after hitting the wall, at least that´s my guess because I didn´t see the Incident. You practically go In blind Into that little straight after exiting the first curve, so the first and second laps were a bit cautious. After the third lap and yellow flag still active I really didn´t pay much attention and just avoided his car.

What I am trying to get at Is that his car should have been removed from the track by the game after seeing that the car was Inoperative after say two laps? Or returned to the garage, If the owner doesn´t return It manually.

I agree. If someone has been able to park up safely (for whatever reason), then it's not a problem. But if they're actually on the track and have been there for more than two laps as you suggest, then automatic removal should take place - if that can be achieved.

How are the Standards now that the dust is settling from the launch. I imagine/hope a lot of the wreakfest folks have got bored and given up by now. You will always get incidents, but I watched a few TY vids early doors which looked like something I would not like to be part of at all.

Has anyone heard any whispers about VR, even if they just fixed MSAA for now it would encourage me to race offline.

Sometimes I really do despair. Just tried to race Le Mans in the LMP2s. Dropped it in qually so started way back. Then the guy two in front at the start didn't move and by the time we got going I was last but one. Heading down the start finish straight there had been a shunt and one of the guys reversed right across the track into my path. Out on the spot. I think it's intermediate races for me for now on....

I barely drove these past weeks, and I somehow managed to get to a Gold safety rating, so from my viewpoint experience was better. You still need a bit of luck during initial laps, then it usually all quiets down. Offcourse, there are races where you scratch your head, but I don't think that they're as common as they were before. Weirdness is more dispersed now. I was in a top ranked Prototypes, qualified at the back, and the guy behind me just kept ramming me during starting procedure. And I was in bottom Prototypes and it all went smoothly for everyone.

Few weeks ago, there was this guy that went and ruined the race for plenty of people. He crashed early on, then waited a few laps and started to take it out on two other drivers. Stuff starts to happen towards the end of video:

While today, we had crashfest in the first lap. But most of it appears to be unintentional, at least to me. Next race two races that I did on the same track went along without any problems.
Just the first lap:

Last edited:
Can I finish the race by driving in the back of the car, in reverse gear?
It happened to me today. At the last chicane of Le Mans I spin, and I still overtook someone.

Mr Freitas might find that a bit cheeky, but as long as you don't endanger someone else I don't recall a rule explicitly saying you can't.

They should find a way, similar to track limits, to enforce local yellow flags...

I don't think that it'd help. It'd just cause more grief, with people complaining to be held back by flags. I find that full course yellows help in iracing. They're only active on ovals, but they're such a nuisance by stopping the action, that people avoid crashing simply because they don't want to see full course yellows. Just a though, I'm not sure if they'd even work on regular tracks.

The standard hasnt improved at all. LMP2 at Le Sarthe complete carnage on the first lap becuase some person cant win it on the first lap so just bins it across the track taking everyone out. Must`ve gotten a really good time to place where he did at the start so this is not just some beginner! Can`t be arsed reporting!

Last edited by a moderator:
The standard hasnt improved at all. LMP2 at Le Sarthe complete carnage on the first lap becuase some person cant win it on the first lap so just bins it across the track taking everyone out. Must`ve gotten a really good time to place where he did at the start so this is not just some beginner! Can`t be arsed reporting!

If you don't report, it won't get seen and it will keep happening.

Accidents will ALWAYS happen in racing. Griefing however will get looked into with the reports and appropriate action will be taken.

I edited your post for the use of language, please refrain in future.

Back