Cockpit view mandatory

The developers wanted this sim to be accessible to experienced as well as inexperienced racers. I don't think the cockpit view should be forced onto players, especially racers in the Bronze level. Perhaps for Gold and Platinum it can be enforced. But there are other considerations. For instance with my monitor and distance from the screen my field of view puts the A pillar of most cars on the left edge of the screen, where it blocks my view of apexes on left turns. People with a different FOV or triple monitors won't have this issue. I've also read another player's comment where he/she states he uses a third person camera for the first few turns to avoid rammers and to avoid touching other cars unintentionally, then reverts to cockpit view during during the lap. This is a simulator, but it is also a game and should in my opinion accomodate a variety of players and their circumstances.

There are those who drive from the DRONE, perhaps with a PAD or with the KEYBOARD (!), Everyone does it for their own reasons but essentially they get an advantage in terms of lap times.
The nice thing is that this way of driving is also considered "PRO"... Come on.

I always use cockpit view, but I see no reason why that should be imposed on everyone else.
If you think about e-sports, you want to give all players the same conditions, roof cam can be use to have a better visibility of the track on certain cars, maybe extracting some advantage from it.

There are those who drive from the DRONE, perhaps with a PAD or with the KEYBOARD (!), Everyone does it for their own reasons but essentially they get an advantage in terms of lap times.
if cockpit view was forced, it would give an advantage to those who have triple screens, or VR (when it becomes available). some of us can't afford or justify that expense. personally, i find the static, a-pillar blocking view unrealistic. in real life we cognitively eliminate all those obstructions.

You can cognitively eliminate the pillar in simracing the same way, it's just about fov, seat position and practice.

Everyone has to deal with it, even in VR.

but why are we speaking about "pro" level when there is not even 1 single league in LMU? And since there is no pro league means we dont have for sure pro-s driving like this. i really cannot imagine how someone can make better laptimes with drone view compared racing from the car behind the wheel or from the "nose" perspective. i need to admin that driving LMU on single screen without any side virtual mirrors makes "comfortable" driving in close racing and tricky scenarios almost impossible :). tripple screens are luxury :D That would be real thing. I'm sure if one day LMU grows on that level - stuff will sure also make rules for every driver.... or similar to what we see on WEC :D

There are many good points here for and against.
However none offer a solution that can please everyone.

Simple really and what I been saying for past 20 years.
2 versions of each sim.

Pro version
Basically nothing arcade
Clean out pages of pointless UI
Pro servers

AMA version
As is
AMA servers

Sneaky bonus
Some would buy both versions to race with mates increasing sales.
Wreckers that use any aids would buy the AMA version.

Back