Spa and Rookies...

Totally right about that GoooAlex. Although I sometimes managed to be on the 4th position and got wreaked by the guys either next to me or behind me, so I don´t know what It Is to be In front yet were then clean machines are.

Every time I see this thread title I'm reminded of when I first saw it, and thought yeah, Spa T1 is a nasty pinch point. Not like Fuji... wait, I mean Bahrain. Er, maybe Monza? No, now I remember: Portimao is gentler. Sebring has zero issues. Le Mans is always good too.

Yes, tongue-in-cheek a bit there.

I've done a few Hyper races at Fuji this week and am yet to get that braking right. I'm hoping experience will eventually work some magic...

Yep, they can all be….. ‘fun’…… but you do have to at least attempt to slow down for them……;)

The concensus here is that folks in public lobbies like short regular races. Doesn't matter if they are rookies, inter or advanced.
Yes there should be longer events as specials and leagues tend to offer such, but for casual public lobby type 'I have 30 mins spare' racing then 5-8 min qualy and 15-18 min race is plenty. At least every 45 mins, pref every 30 mins. Just like iracing.

It desnt matter if you are safety silver or gold, imho you still want to race with fullish grids, and regularly and in shorter races. No idea why the cleaner you are the more 'punished' you are to have less convenient races and less populated races.

Its an easy fix to let rookies be rookies whilst others get the same benefits. And it gives more insentive to get out of rookies. I mean whats the point right now? You get out of rookies and you only get races that (a) you dont have time for and (b) have no opponents in them. Literally not a show grabber is it?

Last edited:
Off topic really but the thing that bugs me sometimes is when I go on and see what’s available and two of the races are at the same circuit. It would be good if we could rotate the circuits a little more. I raced online at Spa yesterday for the first time for over a fortnight. (Mind you, I did have an enforced week away after an operation….).

Edit - like right now, 2 out of 3 races are at Portimao.

Last edited:
The concensus here is that folks in public lobbies like short regular races.

Its an easy fix to let rookies be rookies whilst others get the same benefits. And it gives more insentive to get our of rookies. I mean whats the point right now? You get out of rookies and you only get races that (a) you dont have time for and (b) have no opponents in them. Literally not a show grabber is it?
Yapp, I don't even look anymore if there are some in gold races, i am back to ACC and AMS2. I believe steam charts show that i am not the only one

Well there´s a sim for everybody, and everybody for a sim. Something like that, but you get It.

I have been looking Into rF2 again, and It´s online events. I also did some testing with the Oreca 07 at Spa since my recent bulk of races on LMU were with that same combo. I even added a SimHub overlay that makes rF2 look (HUD) more like LMU. The result after a few months of not touching rF2 was very satisfactory. My timings were very close to those I had on LMU, and although some slight/minor differences, the feeling was quite the same! The handling was a bit different but not as far off to that of LMU.

I say this because some people don´t like to switch sims because they lose that feeling/touch from sim to sim and have to regain It. Which In practice Is not that hard, with 20min. hands on and you´re back on the saddle again as Aerosmith says! With that said, you then have more online events, and much more combos to choose from. So If you don´t fancy what´s on LMU, just jump Into rF2. Yes, not all the cars are there or similar like In the case of the LMDh´s but the races are still on and fun I bet.

In theory, you´re SR Is ported to Race Control on rF2, but I didn´t see that happen yet In my case, although I still have to start my first beginner race In rF2.

Anyhow, what I am getting at Is that there´s plenty to race online If you look for It, and with a similar feel. I still don´t get what some folks are on about when they talk about rF2 being different then LMU, or not liking It. Either they have something set-up wrong, or they just like to bash on rF2.

As for the short races In LMU, once you hit silver SR you have a mixed grid of a 30min. race. Let´s not also forget that It´s In EA and things can, and will change for better to some and worst for others! I race In other sims too as each has something to offer, enjoy them all and be happy!

The title of this game says It all, and for once, at least for me, I would like a title to match the sim In question.

Cheers!

As for the short races In LMU, once you hit silver SR you have a mixed grid of a 30min. race. Let´s not also forget that It´s In EA and things can, and will change for better to some and worst for others! I race In other sims too as each has something to offer, enjoy them all and be happy!
People (some, at least) are asking for shorter races in Intermediate, not longer races in Beginner. Makes some sense, chances are the bulk of players are happier to have races more frequent so there's less waiting when you jump on, and a chance to redeem a bad race sooner as well rather than trudging around at the back for another 10 mins.

As with many things, more numbers will hopefully bring more options, so everyone can be happy and still have a few splits in each race.

If I am not mistake, right now you have 2 half hour races In Beginner, and 1 half hour race In Intermediate a total of 3 half hour races. That´s 3 half hour races vs 1 one hour race so far between Beginner and Intermediate. Not sure what we have In Advanced as I am not there yet.

I am not against, or don´t like shorter races. I think It´s fine to have more shorter races too, but for one, right now It´s 3:1, and It´s also In EA. We also have a great offline mode with great AI and the game has been out for what, 3 months almost? This urge to have more and everything quick and at once Is not understandable. This Is by far the best game I played In EA In Its short life span so far, so I just don´t get It when some people keep complaining about this and that.

The player base will be back, there´s way more Important things to work on then adding more online races. Personally I have jumped from one race to another In Beginner mode so It´s not like you have to wait. You may need to wait the first time you fire up LMU, but that´s about It, and this Is not iRacing were you have a bunch of races going on. Maybe more rotation of tracks would be great but that´s about all I would add to It as Is while they fix other things.

Last edited:
The Intermediate races (there's 2 of them also) alternate every 1h. The Advanced races (40 minutes long) are only 8 minutes longer than the Intermediates, but they're alternating every 1.5h.
I don't know if the total event length being listed as 65minutes for the Advanced might seem daunting for some. I mean the Intermediates are listed as 50minutes long (the actual race is 32minutes) and still attract plenty.

Last edited:
The Intermediate races (there's 2 of them also) alternate every 1h. The Advanced races (40 minutes long) are only 8 minutes longer than the Intermediates, but they're alternating every 1.5h.
I don't know if the total event length being listed as 65minutes for the Advanced might seem daunting for some. I mean the Intermediates are listed as 50minutes long (the actual race is 32minutes) and still attract plenty.
Yes, so basically you have two short races in Beginner, and one short and long In Intermediate and advance categories (+30-40min.). Thanks!

Some are gonna have a fit when they add 6-8-24 hour races If they do! :D

From Intermediate up you also have access to the weeklies and special events. Weeklies run on Wednesdays and then from Fridays through the weekend and Mondays. They've been up to 2.4h long ;). Special events, well are special, they seem to be a feature on WEC Race weekends.
Too bad driver swap is not enabled yet, as those 2.4h ones would have been perfect for that.

Back