Noob Question regarding Avoiding Contact with the AI

kityatyi

I am totally new to sim racing (and driving simulation in general).

I only play - for now - offline - and mostly because I enjoy the atmosphere of a race, not because of the desire to win it. I kinda love how day turns to night while speeding up on the Mulsanne Straight, love the atmosphere of night driving. Hard to explain.

Whenever I race against the AI (or even during practice) I often get hit (even in pit road as they rush out of their boxes). Race starts are particularly challenging, sometimes I feel it's best to stay behind.

Sometimes the AI, to my surprise, wants to overtake me from the inside, even if there is very little space. Again, as I am not familiar with rules, I can't say much, and chances are I am not driving correctly, and not following a predictable line.

My question is, how can you improve your odds of avoiding contact? Are there some basic principles, and rules of thumb I can apply in LMU to increase the chance of completing multiple laps (let alone a race) without being hit by a seemingly amok-running faster AI car?

Today's update will introduce a race radar. It shows opponents around you and improves your situational awareness. You might want to check that out.
Kiitos mate! I prefer not to use a tool that does not exist in real life. I mean, I am crazy obsessed with realism and I don't use a HUD, or any artificial aids a driver does not have in the real car.

TrackIR will help when it will be supported though.

Kiitos mate! I prefer not to use a tool that does not exist in real life. I mean, I am crazy obsessed with realism and I don't use a HUD, or any artificial aids a driver does not have in the real car.

TrackIR will help when it will be supported though.
Yeah I'm a clean screen racer myself but could be beneficial for you to use radar while learning the game since you said that the whole simracing is a new thing for you. Nothing wrong in using aids while learning.

But I get that realism thing, I'm the same way.

Back