More seat adjustment please

We would like the seat position to be able to be moved forward further than what the max of 100 does.

For example, 0 - 100 only moves the seat forward what seems to be about 15cm inside the cockpit.
It would be nice if that amount was extended further out so that at 100, the seat was pushed forward ~50 or 75 cm.
Therefore the camera would be out on the dash so you can see out the window more.
I hope that makes sense.

Attached a crude illustrator trying to explain it.
Thanks!
but who is sitting with his nose pressed against front mirror? thats where the zoom should be used. I dont really know if seat position can even be considered as „fov“ cause i did not saw a guide yet speaking about seat positions i believe? if you know one please share.

Gah, why isn't that documented anywhere?
it is. when you go over the settings there is explanation on the right side. Also these setting naming regarding the seats are good made. I even mapped sit positions and even zoom in and out as buttons on my moza ks wheel joysticks :) forward right back left up up down down zoom in press right joystick zoom out press left :D

Hello! I am told this will be fixed in the next big patch
@Studio 397 , it is over a month now since it has been promised. How long do we have to wait still ? Will it come with the Hybrid M or will this car also be unusable by some of the community due to poor setting options ?

@Studio 397 , it is over a month now since it has been promised. How long do we have to wait still ? Will it come with the Hybrid M or will this car also be unusable by some of the community due to poor setting options ?
I thought all the seat movement was unlocked a while back but seems only forwards has been unlocked actually.

I thought all the seat movement was unlocked a while back but seems only forwards has been unlocked actually.
Neither have been unlocked. Only limits were extended, but they are all still limited. Also not consistently as some cars have different limits than others.

Yeah seems limits were increased, then reduced again in another update. I've made the request for them to be increased again - can't be unlimited as then you can float out the car and what not from the cockpit drivers eye cam.

Yeah seems limits were increased, then reduced again in another update. I've made the request for them to be increased again - can't be unlimited as then you can float out the car and what not from the cockpit drivers eye cam.

Hi Dan - Not sure what is such a concern; it not like people would get an advantage by changing camera placement. For example, I have a cockpit with SIM Dash and other hardware so the distance from my seat to the monitor is perfect for where the windscreen in a real car would be. Now since I have a single widescreen I do not want to waste the real estate by putting a static car dash as it doesn't add any value.

In ACC you can adjust this setting custom for a car and save it so it allows you flexibility; I'm surprised LMU doesn't allow that.

Thanks for your input hope I was able to explain the scenario.

Hi Dan - Not sure what is such a concern; it not like people would get an advantage by changing camera placement.
This has often been a discussion point in sims, if you want to read something for ~20 mins this may help explain the various viewpoints (I was curious about the reasons so I asked; note rF2 has some flexibility that LMU removed, while the VR implementation is yet to be seen) https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/forced-cockpit-view-reasons.63804/

@Lazza - It was a good read; some valid points especially for those constructing an authentic cockpit with physical components like a dashboard, windshield, and possibly a bonnet, and using projectors for visualization at a distance, there's a crucial consideration. Opting for a viewpoint aligned with the bonnet offers greater accuracy. Since you've invested in crafting the physical cockpit, relying solely on the in-game representation becomes redundant.

We are seeing more and more people building somewhat custom cockpits to achieve realism for example YouTube channels "Boosted Media" and "Project Sim Racing". So this point is more relevant now than it was maybe 10-15 years ago.

@Lazza - It was a good read; some valid points especially for those constructing an authentic cockpit with physical components like a dashboard, windshield, and possibly a bonnet, and using projectors for visualization at a distance, there's a crucial consideration. Opting for a viewpoint aligned with the bonnet offers greater accuracy. Since you've invested in crafting the physical cockpit, relying solely on the in-game representation becomes redundant.

We are seeing more and more people building somewhat custom cockpits to achieve realism for example YouTube channels "Boosted Media" and "Project Sim Racing". So this point is more relevant now than it was maybe 10-15 years ago.
Yeah, I think there are some more valid reasons with various custom cockpits for 'unusual' views. And as I probably said a few times in that thread, if there are sane limitations on how the view can be moved it should be easy enough to still avoid exploits.

Exploits... Geez what a joke, one has to be really full of themself to think camera position can give unfair advantages to drivers beating them. Artificially locked movement can prohibit you from using a car, I wonder how folks will react when it is going to affect a paid DLC car they can't use.

On the official LMU page, it was suggested to vote for the necessary functions by marking messages with the ^ icon.
Please vote for this post to make it clear to the developers how important it is to solve this problem. I don't want to sit on the lap of a virtual driver or on the bumper of a car, it interferes with my immersion and I can't get into the apex properly, because I simply can't see it! This is a normal established practice for car simulators, even in such arcades as Forza Horizon 5 there are several options for how to place yourself inside a car cabin, why is Studio 397 inventing a bicycle? This little thing spoils the whole game in general, I even stopped logging into LMU, just for this reason. Please correct this annoying misunderstanding. P.S. I ask all fans to teach how to set up a true immaculate FOV as bequeathed by the founding fathers of the first car simulators, tape binoculars to your face and ride a bike or roller skates, if after that you can write messages, you can tell how convenient it is...

I think we are all saying the same thing here; which is we need a customisation option for our seat adjustment due to sheer amount of different virtual setups people have. If Studio 397 can allow us that flexibility it will enable many of us to enjoy and improve the immersion of their product.

If someone wants to enforce a particular camera setting for their server because they feel anything else is an exploit. Then they are more than welcome to do just that. After all, they are entitled to their opinion. (IMO I don't agree with it but it is what it is)

Exploits... Geez what a joke, one has to be really full of themself to think camera position can give unfair advantages to drivers beating them. Artificially locked movement can prohibit you from using a car, I wonder how folks will react when it is going to affect a paid DLC car they can't use.
I linked to a whole multi-page discussion and I thought Manav08 and I were referencing that. 'Exploit' isn't about moving the camera forward to the windscreen, please read the discussion or don't be a **** with your comment.

Well here we are.

Despite claims in the patch note, it is still not good enough. It also still does not keep any settings on a per car basis and you have to "write" down your settings for each. Side effect of the new "ranges" though is that if you go in a GTE and move the camera to -150, when you get into the new BMW, the camera starts at the expected "global value" of -150, one click forward though bring it immediately to -30 and you can't go anymore back further. What a cluster fest...

Also the range on the BMW is just laughable, it is exactly as I was afraid of. Just like the 9x8 in previous patch (which is now "ok" in that version for my setup, let's see in the future...), I cannot adjust the camera enough to have a comfortable position. I cannot fathom enough how this is going to be a real major set back when it will affect paid DLC content. I do not want to buy a car, spending real money, to figure out I can't use it because of arbitrary unjustified restrictions.

Agreed with all that have been said regarding configurability of seat position and saving it per car. With cockpit view, proper seat position + correct FOV is absolutely vital for better lap times and proper immersion.
I will never understand people that use default seat position (and often default FOV) with 60% of the screen or more obscured by the cockpit with huge steering wheel and big fat hands. It is vital to see as much of the track as possible, without the extreme of using bonnet view (if at all possible) which is a bit immersion breaking.
My ideal cockpit view (27" screen, FOV 30) is to see a bit of the frame of the windshield/cockpit left/up/down (no mirror, no "realistic" cockpit element getting in the way, no wheel, no "fat" hands, minimize annoyance of the then zoomed whipers).
I also wished a separate configurable dashcam camera was implemented.

I must admit, in the latest update the developers added an increased range of motion for the seat, and since the standard FOV suits me, my personal complaints are satisfied. I remain in solidarity with those who are not satisfied with this range; different equipment configurations require more radical settings, and perhaps with a change in monitor diagonal I will be faced with the same problems. This really turned out to be a very important problem: as soon as I was able to get a natural view from the cockpit, the game was transformed beyond recognition, I spread my wings and I flew, whereas before I was running like a drunken ostrich. This is really a very cool car simulator, so I ask you, developers, do not bury the community’s interest in this wonderful car simulator under a pile of ridiculous errors (at least do the standard functions for all simulators correctly)

Back